Every person you’ll see at the library during finals week

Welcome to finals week at MSU. It sucks. You’re gonna love it

There’s a certain buzz in the air that can only mean one thing: finals season is upon us. People having existential crises, frantically calculating grades and chugging down coffee like if they have enough, they will never have to sleep again.

Somehow, you’ll have to make up for all that time you lost by not paying attention in lecture. That means it is officially time to cram. Here are a couple of types of people you’ll see around the library this finals week, doing just that.

The person who never shuts up

They’ll get the message eventually. But until they do, crank the music and try to tune them out.

The person with their stuff everywhere

You know the type. They take up the last available table for you and your study buddy, then make it almost impossible to focus when you do eventually find a spot because they just look ridiculous with their things sprawled out every which way. Be prepared to wait a long time for them to pack up and leave.

The person who looks like they live there

They’ve probably been there for at least 15 hours already, and they’ll most likely stay there until they get kicked out at 2am. Just let them be. They’re deep in their zone.

The person who makes their notes into a coloring book

Less is more, people. Highlighting is supposed to make studying easier, not more confusing.

The person who has clearly been procrastinating for hours

We’re talking intricate doodles, phone in hand, the works. They’ve probably just started cramming for their biggest exam in the morning. Take comfort in the fact that compared to them, you’re at least sort of prepared.

The person multitasking like crazy

We have all been that person scrolling through Facebook or Instagram while trying to simultaneously write a paper. Just remember, this rarely works. Unless you’re some sort of superhuman.

Whether you’re doing absolutely nothing, doing way too much at once, or trying your best to achieve a healthy balance between the two, you’ll inevitably end up at the library at some point this week. Take comfort knowing that everyone else is in as much pain as you are.

Good luck on your finals, Spartans. We got this.

Michigan State