Former MSU doctor officially arrested for criminal sexual conduct

Back in September, news was released that a former Michigan State doctor was under fire for claims of sexual assault and harassment. Today we find out that formal charges have […]

Back in September, news was released that a former Michigan State doctor was under fire for claims of sexual assault and harassment. Today we find out that formal charges have been brought against him.

Dr. Larry Nassar, a former team USA doctor, was officially charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct in Michigan involving a child under 13. In September three charges were filed against him according to the Ingham County records. Those records don’t tell whether or not is was multiple victims but only that the situation at hand happened in 1998.

Photo from MSUtoday.com

Nassar was arrested and thrown into county jail. It has not yet been announced when he will be seen in front of a judge. The 53 year old doctor was under media and public fire after two gymnastics he used to treat, one being on the 2000 olympic gymnastics team, accused him of sexual abuse. Another lawsuit of similar standing is pending currently in California.

The 2000 women’s Olympic gymnastics team after olympic trials

Nassar was formerly a team doctor for the United States National Women’s Gymnastics team until some rumors of sexual assault began to surface and he resigned. After that he made his way to MSU to work for the university with athletes. His employment was terminated in September after the university claimed that he wasn’t “complying with employment requirements.”

We at The Tab will keep you update with any and all new information that breaks.

Michigan State