MSU vs. Rutgers ticket prices plummet

Bank account in the single digits? No problem

img_29861The MSU football season has reached a new low.

Four days before the Rutgers Scarlet Knights come to town to face off against our Spartans, tickets for the game are being sold for the price of a burrito bowl at Chipotle. Not just any tickets, either – lower-bowl end zone seats can be purchased for anywhere from $6 to $9.

This drop in ticket prices follows a disastrous season for a Spartan team that many had initially expected to compete for a bowl game, if not a playoff spot. After falling to the likes of Indiana, BYU, Northwestern and Illinois, however, MSU is 2-7 and a bowl game is the furthest thing from anyone’s mind. In fact, many fans wonder if MSU is even capable of winning another game, with Ohio State and Penn State both still to come.

If the end zone isn’t to your liking, you can snag any non-sideline seat in the house for $35 or less. You can also find student section tickets for as low as $6, though they are general seating.

This is hardly the news ticket sellers were hoping for in the off-season. Typically, fans who get bored of football early can stand to make over $100 on ticket sales, and with U of M and Ohio State both playing in East Lansing this year, some fans hoped to make well over $250. But as our Spartans have lost game after game, prices have been dropping steadily, leaving tickets for games like Saturday’s cheaper than a night out at Rick’s.

Having said this, hopefully these fans’ anguish will be your boon. With prices this low, why not come out and show your dedication to Spartan football? Win or lose, the student section is always rocking with the MSU faithful and our Spartan Dawgs would love its continued support.

Michigan State