The most scenic places to study at MSU

Find us a campus prettier than this… we’ll wait

As midterm exams are underway and fall is beginning, there is no better opportunity here at Michigan State to go out and enjoy this perfect weather, all while getting in your last-minute study sessions. As one of the prettiest campuses around, there is always a location with a view, and nothing makes you feel more at home than being able to study and enjoy the colors of fall.

Here are some popular destinations around campus that help to make exam reviews less stressful and PSLs a must.

Beaumont Tower

The widely-popular Beaumont Tower, built in 1928 and surrounded by giant trees, is a definite must-see attraction on campus, and is perfect for studying on a nice fall day. Fall is also the best time to snap a few pics of the famous tower.

Plus, it’s toward the heart of campus and only a 10-minute walk from the nearest Starbucks and the Union. Grab your backpack and books and head over to one of MSU’s most historic landmarks and best study spots.

Landon Hall Study Lounge

Landon Hall, located in West Circle on North Campus, is home to one of many study lounges on campus in a very easily-accessible location. If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful place, look no further.

Flip through notecards as you watch students walk up and down West Circle Drive through the giant windows that cover half of the room. A giant piano sits in the center of the room, adding to the already serene feel inside.

W.J. Beal Botanical Gardens

Okay, this place is absolutely beautiful. Different plants from all over the world cover the garden, including a pineapple! You will also find trees that are perfect for pulling out a blanket and sitting under – it is a great spot for all people to experience the reds, oranges and yellows of the changing leaves of fall.

Another great aspect about the Botanical Gardens is its close proximity to the library. So, if you ever need help with homework or need to check out a good book to read and relax with, this is the place for you.

Biochemistry Building Garden

Hidden behind the Biochemistry Building on Wilson Road is a hidden garden. You cannot miss this spot. Filled with black benches perfect for sitting alone or with a friend, and surrounded by red flowers – what could be a more perfect setting to get in the mood for fall?

If your dorm is too far but you still want to come and enjoy the garden, hop onto the 31 bus, which will take you right by its stop. If you’re still not impressed, a picture might change your mind.

These hotspot study locations are just a few of the many ideal places to sit down and take out your books or to just relax at Michigan State. With fall quickly approaching, the leaves are turning and the weather is cooling. So, head over to that giant tree, lay down your blankets, and enjoy this colorful Michigan weather at MSU.

Michigan State