Come out to support MSU Volleyball and Breast Cancer Awareness Wednesday

You aren’t going to want to miss it

As the Michigan State University volleyball team continues to creep higher and higher in the Big Ten and National team rankings, their matches are some of the best sporting events an MSU student or fan can go to.

This week on Wednesday the 20th, the Spartans will be hosting their annual Breast Cancer Awareness game. Fans are encouraged to wear pink in support of the cause as the team will be sporting pink jerseys on the court.

Picture from Michigan State Volleyball

This night isn’t just about breast cancer awareness, however. It is EVE (End Violent Encounters) night, and fans are asked to bring donations of new or gently used clothing, outerwear and non-perishable food items or toiletries for donation to the EVE house in Lansing.

Michigan State is currently nationally ranked as number 11 and will be taking on the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers University. The Spartans are coming off a huge win over #3 Minnesota and are looking to advance their record to 17-4 this season. They are currently 5-3 in Big Ten league play and continuing to dominate higher ranked teams as the season goes on. The girls lead in the Big Ten and rank fifth nationally in service aces per set (1.97). MSU has six service aces or more in 13 of 20 matches.

Be sure to head over to Jenison Fieldhouse to see the Spartans in action at 6pm on Wednesday and don’t forget to wear your pink! Tickets are $3/5/10 in advance and $5/8/10 at the door. Also, the game is an MSUFCU sponsored game, show proof that you are a member with them and you get in free! It is a great atmosphere so be sure to bring your friends. Go Green!

Michigan State