Further developments in shooting of former MSU defensive back

Another death rocks the Spartan Community

Early Sunday morning, Spartans were floored to hear about another tragic loss within our community. 23-year-old Mylan Hicks, an ex-MSU defensive back, was killed due to injuries received in what is being called an act of violence outside a night club in Calgary. Hicks just signed to play in the CFL for the Stampeders in May. His name was on the roster, and he participated in games, but he never got to see the field before this tragedy took place.

Today, 19-year-old Nelson Lugela, one of the three suspects detained is being charged for second-degree murder in Mylan Hick’s case. The other two suspects were released, but are still under investigation. Police believe that the incident was recorded on cell phones and encourage any witnesses to step forward and talk to the police.

Current MSU coach, Mark Dantonio, released a statement about Hick’s saying he was a “beautiful person” and then compared him to the late Mike Sadler, who was taken from the Spartan Community in the summer due to a car crash. Needless to say all Spartans are feeling the loss of two great students and players who truly exemplified what it means to be a part of our school. This horrible event will not be overlooked.

Michigan State