The dos and don’ts of Spartan game day fashion

Wear green, wear white

With football season in full swing, figuring out what to wear is just an added complication keeping you from getting to the tailgates as early as you’d like to. Let this guide help you plan ahead.

DO wear as much green and white as physically possible

Undoubtedly the largest key to game day fashion is making sure everyone can tell how deep your blood runs green. If you aren’t wearing these two holy colors you’re almost guaranteed to receive a few dirty looks in the stands of the student section.

If you think you’re wearing too much green, you’re not.

DON’T be afraid to wear a costume

The only exception to the previous rule is if you are wearing an outrageous costume. Anything goofy that will give other fans a good chuckle when you ultimately end up on the big screen is perfect. Coordinating costumes with friends is even better.

If you’re dressed as a bear, you’re doing something right

DO wear a face sticker

If you look in the mirror and your outfit looks on point, but you still feel like something is missing, a face sticker is the perfect finishing touch. Your body is already screaming out your support for the team, why shouldn’t your face get to join in on the fun?

DON’T forget your rain gear

No matter how perfect the forecast looks, I can guarantee there will be a torrential downpour at one or more games this season.

The only thing worse than upper bowl is being stuck in the moral dilemma of deciding whether to seek shelter or stick out the game to prove you’re a true fan. The decision is an easy one if you have your rain gear.

DO use the swag they provide at games to accessorize

At almost every game you’ll be provided a hat, a pair of sunglasses, a sign or some other Spartan themed delight. Don’t let these bad boys go to waste; accessorize with them at the game and any game to follow.

DON’T be afraid to layer

Not only does it rain in Spartan Stadium, it also tends to shift through 20 degrees throughout the course of the game. Even if its 60 and sunny when you stroll into the stadium, don’t expect the nice weather to last. And if it’s later in the season, there is no shame in looking like an Eskimo.

DO rep the iconic overalls

While in any other setting these monstrosities would be fashion suicide, they’re revered in Spartan Stadium. Dropping $40 on an outfit that is wearable solely at sporting events shows true dedication to your team. So save up, throw on a confident smile and wear this snazzy jumpsuit to game day.

Michigan State