How to actually study for finals at MSU

You don’t

I’m just kidding of course. We’re all here to graduate with a degree, which means passing our classes, which means taking finals, which means studying. Which means death.

Kidding again! Sort of…

In all seriousness though, it’s the last two weeks of the semester (whaaaaa) and that means it’s crunch time. Here is everything I’ve learned from studying at MSU:

First off: just know you’re gonna procrastinate. Be prepared. We all do it and if you say you don’t you’re lying.

Second: Plan out well-spaced study breaks. Like, actually. Maybe not every 15 minutes cause you won’t get much done that way but maybe, 1 hour work for every 20 minute break? That way you’ll get a lot done without killing yourself. (No guarantees you won’t die anyway but I’m just saying)

Third: FOOD. Food is so so important. Get yourself a pizza, order some takeout. TREAT YO SELF. You need that energy to power through those endless study nights (or mornings).

Fourth: More food. I’m not kidding. Try to get some healthy food though, from my experience healthy food works better than junk food all the time.

Fifth and FINALLY: Get yourself some sleep. Like, day before the exam? Get those 8 hours. It’ll be a lot better to go to the exam well rested and slightly prepared than exhausted and crammed.

Now I get that we’re all gonna cram. I’m gonna cram. You’re gonna cram. It’s what we do. I’m just saying not to cram 8 hours before the exam, use that time to sleep and recover from all your other cramming.

So hide behind those piles and piles of books and papers and notebooks. Let Netflix suck you in. Waste a day. Procrastinate! Just don’t fail. I don’t think you will though. We’re college students, we’re supposed to be stressed even when we are doing stuff not to stress. We give ourself our own stress by procrastinating. It’s what we do.

The goal of these next two weeks is to survive. We are in full on survival mode (college version). But we made it through fall semester. WE WILL SURVIVE.

Happy Studying Everyone! Good luck on all those finals I know I just reminded you to start studying for.

Michigan State