MSU Poli Sci teacher suddenly passes away

Our thoughts go out to his family and friends

Professor Ken Williams of the College of Social Science suddenly passed away on Monday morning. He taught political science here at the university and received his PhD in 1988 form the University of Texas at Austin. His most recently taught classes include PLS 324, 392, 495, and 993. He leaves behind a wife who is also a professor at MSU and a young daughter.

Students of his classes were originally told that class was just cancelled for the morning which was strange considering that there was an online exam to be taken. According to the Dean of the college of Social Science, students now have the option to either take the grade they currently have in d2l as their final grade or take the 4th exam and/or final which would then determine their final grade.

Those students in Dr. Williams PLS 324 class are putting together funds to send flowers to the family. They have also talked about going to their regularly scheduled class tomorrow to pay their respects and talk about their memories they had to Professor Williams.

MSU community members personally affected by this tragedy or in need of counseling services can find resources at the MSU Counseling Center at http://www.counseling.msu.edu/. Rest is peace Professor Williams.

Michigan State