Police release updates about missing student

Posts on social media since he has been reported missing were scheduled

Michigan State University PD have released details about missing MSU student, Patrick “Kegan” Cochrane stating that social media posts since he went missing were pre-scheduled.

Kegan, an MSU senior studying French has been missing since Friday afternoon when he was last seen in Snyder-Phillips hall in North neighborhood. After some rather disturbing posts on his Facebook page on Saturday afternoon, friends and the East Lansing police are scared that Kegan may have tried to harm himself since disappearing.

In his last post on Facebook, Cochrane posted a link to a book he has been writing called “A Most Reasonable Death.” In the post, he asked his followers to skip ahead to the last chapter titled “Me and My Suicide”. He also mentions that there are videos uploaded to his YouTube channel talking about his disappearance and death.

The East Lansing police are utilizing their Digital forensics and cyber crimes unit to help find Kegan because the videos posted to YouTube have all been posted since he has gone missing. The most recent video was uploaded only 19 hours ago. However they appear to have been scheduled in advance.

Kegan is 5’8 in height, weighs about 135 pounds and has brown hair but its typically shaven. He also has hazel eyes. Witnesses say he was last seen wearing a hoodie and jeans. If you have seen Kegan or may know where he is, PLEASE contact the East Lansing Police at 517-355-2222.

Michigan State