An open letter to my floormates

Let’s be real, I wouldn’t be able to complete my 11pm WebWork due dates without you

Everyone knows that the people you meet in college are the people that become your lifelong friends. I’ve heard this about a hundred times before coming into my freshman year. I knew I would make friends, but never did I imagine becoming so close to these people in such a short amount of time. I now understand why people say this and know that my floormates will be my lifelong friends.

To my floormates,

Simple things are THAT much better because I get to experience them with you.

Studying until the middle of the night

When we struggle, at least we struggle together. Staying up until 3am stressing about our futures or going crazy over studying  for an exam would not be nearly as entertaining without you.

Being my go-to person

Thank you for listening to my small problems when I have a bad day. Thank you for putting up with me when I’m irritated and in a bad mood. There’s no one else I want to come home to after a long day of classes. When I’m out and about and I witness something funny, I immediately can’t wait to tell you what happened. Thank you for being that person for me.

Having multiple wardrobes

Your closet is my closet, my closet is your closet. When I’m in a panic and can’t find anything to wear, I know I have a whole other wardrobe to choose from. Thank you for always letting me borrow my favorite shirt of yours when we go out.

The occasional pigging out

Drinking cappuccinos and eating an abnormal amount of cereal in Brody Caf at 11pm is definitely not the healthiest option, but is sometimes necessary when we’re both preparing for a long night of studying. Thank you for  being the one I can do this with without any judgement.

There is also no one else I would want to order pizza at shameful hours of the night with.

Weekly TV Schedule

Thank you for religiously watching TV shows with me. There is no one else I would want to fangirl over the Bachelor every Monday night or obsess over our favorite American Idol contestant with.

Game Days

Cheering on Valentine during basketball games and chanting in the stands of Spartan Stadium is always a blast when you’re by my side. Hyping each other up and screaming for the win is always fun with you.

The slap happy moments

Thank you for being the one I can laugh with when we are on four hours of sleep and two Starbucks Double Shot Energy drinks deep. Laughing at something completely pointless until we are in tears is 100% normal for us and that’s what I love.

I will never forget living a few doors down from my best friends, and cannot wait to see what the future holds.

With love,

Your floormate

Michigan State