MSU assistant professor nominated for Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people

The doctor of the hour

Every day is a great day to be a Spartan, but today is extra special. Today Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha has been nominated for Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people list due to her work concerning the Flint Water Crisis.

Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha is the director of the Pediatric Residency Program at Hurley Medical Center as well as an assistant professor of Pediatrics and Human Development at Michigan State’s College of Human Medicine. Her research let the world know that the children of Flint had elevated levels of lead in their blood due to the contaminated water they were drinking.

Because of her research and her will to do right, Dr. Hanna-Attish became the whistle-blower and has brought attention to a crisis that was harming count less of lives. She is a true Spartan hero and undoubtedly deserves this award and many more.

To support your fellow Spartan and help her receive an award she deserves vote here: http://time.com/4264746/2016-time-100-poll/?iid=t100poll032216 scroll through the pictures and when you see hers, click yes!

Michigan State