Why frats are only fun as an underclassmen

Who do you know here?

August, a time of heat, excitement and of course, welcome weekend. Let’s take it back to your very first welcome weekend. It’s freshman year and you don’t really know too many people, so naturally what happens? You meet people on your floor or friends of friends and go out to the frat parties.

Please don’t take me seriously in this photo

There’s no denying that frat parties gave you some of the best and worst nights of your life. They give you your first impression of college and college parties. You walk in and BAM, “take a shot,” “slap the bag.” It’s a whole new world in front of you filled with endless alcohol and sweaty bodies.

“I just like going to parties ironically.” -Mae Cagalingan

Frat parties are where a lot of freshmen learn how much shitty free beer they can drink before its time to KO or see it in a toilet. Not only are we broke but freshmen can’t buy alcohol, so we take what we can get. Even if its some delicious Keystone (cue the sarcasm). Frat dance floors are sort of a grown up middle school dance party. The music is the same except everyone is drunk, sweaty and practically having sex in the middle of the dance floor. But it’s cold outside and you have nothing better to do (except actual school work) so why not.

Just imagine seeing all this with actual lights

Whether you’re going out with your bros or your girlfriends it’s where you end up on a Friday night… or Tuesday night… no judgments passed. As we know, themed parties are the best types of parties. It’s time to throw random shit on and pretend you’re original.

Halloween becomes your favorite holiday in college

Risky business theme… are you as shocked as I am?

You know it’s where you want to be when you walk in and they’re playing the latest Billboard top 100 hits (EDM remixes only, obviously) and you spot your friends dancing on that elevated surface pointing to who knows what. Then suddenly you wake up the next morning to a questionable snapchat story filled with selfies taken in a bathroom mirror that you don’t remember.

I mean, at least we don’t looked trashed…right?

Must haves: Elevated surface and finger pointing

Just when you thought they couldn’t get any better, tailgate season starts. Here at MSU we take tailgating very seriously, with good reason. It’s time to wake up and drink. Literally. Noon games make you really question your life when you think about the fact you skipped your 8am that week, but you’re taking shots at 9 in the morning. At that point you’re kind of praying you make it to the game so you don’t waste that $150 season pass you bought.

Why would you not selfie it up with someone dressed as a teddy bear? Even if they are our rivals

Football season, you are dearly missed

The time is going to come where these parties don’t seem as fun as they used to be and the bar is going to seem more and more appealing, but underclassmen love these parties. It’s how we learn what it means to go out in college and they bring you some amazing times with your friends. And upperclassmen, don’t act like you don’t look back on these sweaty/slutty/trashy glory days fondly.

Michigan State