University of Maryland is the 20th best public university in the U.S.

Yet another reason for Terrapins to brag

According to a ranking created by U.S. News and World Report, UMD College Park not only claimed the 20th spot in top public schools in America, but the 60th spot in the ranking of the best national universities as well.

Not only are UMD’s academics unparalleled, but the high ranking is proven by this year’s freshmen class. A record number of students applied to the university with a total of 30,200 applications. After going through all of the formalities having to do with applications and the college selection process, 4,500 students entered in the freshmen class. This is 10 percent more than the goal of having 4,075 students enroll at UMD.

“These should be numbers that we plan for,” said university President Wallace Loh. “We’ve got to deal with this issue of this huge influx that we didn’t quite anticipate.”

Even if you didn’t anticipate the amount of students that wanted to come to your school, there is one thing that current students did anticipate – that is just how damn well we did in U.S. News ranking this year.

Go Terps!

University of Maryland