UMD has one of the best reputations in the world

Go Terps!

If there are currently around 25,000 universities in the world, how do you think that the University of Maryland would end up on a short list of only 100 universities?

Well UMD just got ranked #55 on the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings on a list of the top 100 most powerful global university brands.

UMD’s rank on this list is superb – it is on the list of .4 percent of the universities in the entire world. The rankings are based upon a performance breakdown as determined by Times Higher Education. The breakdown consists of a teaching ranking, research ranking and overall ranking in which the university’s attributes of all parts of campus life is analyzed. The list also boasts a column that discloses the percentage of international students that each university has attained. Although we are located in the United States, UMD showcases an impressive nine percent in this category.

Although this list does not brag about rankings in intelligent students or remarkable classes, it does exhibit our reputation in the world. Because we are ranked #55, it is clear to see that UMD has a very famous influence amongst the world.

With the #1 ranking belonging to Harvard University, the students at UMD should be very proud to belong on this list.

With our Terrapin pride we can only continue to improve our ranking by representing the University of Maryland wherever we go.

University of Maryland