UPDATE: Creepy clown assaults Texas State student

Because we live in an IRL horror movie, apparently

UPDATE: Yet another clown sighting in San Marcos, this one wielding a chainsaw at Sanctuary Lofts apartments.

Amid rumors of hoaxes, fraternity pledge pranks and viral marketing stunts, reports of a so-called “killer clown” turned out to be entirely real for one Texas State student.

At approximately 5:45AM on Tuesday, the University Police Department received report of an assault at the university-owned Bobcat Village apartment complex across from the stadium.

The suspect, dressed in black-and-white striped clown suit, green hair and white face paint with black around the eyes, grabbed a student before they managed to escape and run from the area. The clown fled in an unknown direction.

Though the university’s investigation is ongoing, the assault does nothing to assuage the fear of students who have spotted these creepy clowns on campuses across the country. Earlier this week, a riot broke out at Penn State over an alleged clown sighting which came on the heel of similar scares at UMass Amherst, JMU and Syracuse.

As tempting as it may be to add him to your Snap story, university authorities urge students to not engage the clown if spotted and report him to the authorities instead.

The clown pictured is not the clown in question.

Coming soon clown creepy crime killer clown texas state