A JMU quad dog needs our help

Help a Duke save her Duke

Alayna Fortuck noticed that her dog had not been himself recently. Her darling pupper, Brodie, has had a rough cough. She never thought anything of it, until it got to a point where even sunbathing became laborious for the poor dog.

After a visit to the vet, Alayna discovered that there is fluid pressing onto Brodie's lungs, making it extremely difficult for him to breathe. This, in turn, makes his heart race constantly. Brodie the yorkie is living in constant agony.

Look at that face!

Look at that face!

The vets were able to extract some fluid, but further treatment will cost upwards to 5,000 dollars. As Alayna is a JMU student (and we all know how expensive tuition and housing are), she can't exactly come up with that kind of cash immediately. So, we need your help, fellow Dukes.

Here is Alayna's GoFundMe for Brodie's treatment. Anything and everything helps, even if you can only donate $5 or $10.

If I were a wizard, I'd try to allure you with the Sarah McLachlan music that they play during an SPCA commercial. But alas, I am mortal, and you'll have to imagine the music yourself. Tempting you with cute pictures of Brodie will have to suffice until Hogwarts finally gets back to me.

Majestic.

Majestic.

All fantasy aside, any help would be greatly appreciated. Donating even a dollar is one dollar closer to saving a live a canine life, and bringing more doggo joy to JMU.

James Madison University