James Madison University is the second best public school in the South

It’s a good day to be a Duke

Universities have prepared for this moment all year, ready to brag and cheer and boast about one thing: their ranking in the U.S News and World Report 2018 Best Colleges Rankings.

Here at James Madison have big reasons to be proud — one reason being we are the second best public school in the Regional South.

This selective list is comprised of 300 colleges, of which JMU is a part of. This ranking only reinstates the high position JMU has climbed to over the years and how much they've improved.

Most importantly, we beat out our neighbors to the south, Christopher Newport University, who is ranks number 4. Meanwhile, the Eagles of the University of Mary Washington lag behind us and Longwood University trails behind. We’re picking up the pace, it seems, while our fellow Virginians stay put.

We also seem to edge out the University of Richmond in overall score, with them two points below our strong overall score of 84/100 (a small but significant gap).

Meanwhile, we’re found to have one of the best and strongest study abroad programs with opportunities to visit all over the globe, including England, Japan, Belgium, and more.

Oh, and don’t forget about our 2016 NCAA Division I Football Championship we now have under our belts. With the football season starting and wins rolling out, and these strong rankings being released, it'll be an awesome year to be a Duke!

Photo by: Cassidy Anderson

James Madison University