This is not a drill: H&M opens tomorrow and they’re basically giving away free stuff

It’s like a consolation prize for losing Aeropostale

Harrisonburg’s Valley Mall has been changing a lot recently. We got an awesome Forever 21 last year where literally everything is under $10 (if you didn’t know about that before, you’re welcome), but unfortunately lost the wonderful Aeropostale not long ago. As if the mall gods heard our cries over Aeropostale, we’ve been gifted with something far better than a consolation prize. H&M opens tomorrow!

Not only will you get to shop in the incredible store known as H&M, but you can actually get some fun prizes for going to opening day! The event page states that “if you’re one of the first 200 shoppers in line, you’ll receive an all-access fashion pass with a mystery amount of store credit up to $300” and if you “bring in old garments to be recycled before the store opens at noon” you’ll receive “15% off your next purchase and the chance to win an H&M gift card valued between $50 and $250.” They will also be having an in-store DJ.

I know you’re all salivating at the prospect of $300 to spend at H&M, but don’t get too excited just yet. Like all good things, there’s a catch. You have to be over 15-years-old to get a fashion pass (assuming most JMU students are in the clear on that one) and you have to use it tomorrow. “Purchase must exceed the monetary value on the scratch-off card.” Not too difficult of restrictions, but restrictions none-the-less.

Be sure to get yourself to the mall early tomorrow morning, so you’re sure you’ll be one of the first 200 people in line.

James Madison University