All the things you should do one last time before graduation

The last of the ‘lasts’ at JMU

For most JMU students, Friday marks the end of the semester, but for those super awesome seniors, it marks so much more. A lot will come back to visit, but for some this will be their last time on campus, whether they realize it or not. So here’s all the things you should do one last time (or at least once) before you walk across that stage and get your diploma.

Eat one last meal in D-Hall

This one is even more important, given that it will be torn down soon. Pretty soon we’ll be getting D-Hub, which I’m sure will be amazing, but what better way to reminisce about your time at JMU than eating at the place that has been there for you since the beginning. We’ll miss you D-Hall.

Visit the Arboretum

The Arboretum, located by East Campus, is an absolutely beautiful place full of trails, gorgeous spots to picnic or read, a cute pond, some great wild life, and some great nature shots if you’re into photography. If you’ve somehow missed this place during your time at JMU, definitely put it on your list of things to check out before you leave.

Chill in the quad

We all know how beautiful the quad is at JMU. Bring yourself a blanket or a hammock, maybe a book or instrument, or even your dog and just relax. What better way to unwind after those last exams? Take a breather and enjoy the views of our gorgeous quad while you think about all the time you’ve spent there over the past four or so years.

Have one last $2-rail-night at The Artful Dodger

Who doesn’t want cheap drinks with friends after the stress that is exam week? Get all your buds together for one last pre-graduation blow-out and head to Dodger for the magic of $2 rails.

Go to Reddish Knob

Though most beautiful at sunrise or sunset, Reddish Knob’s views never disappoint. It’s not too far from JMU, but you will need a car. It’s so worth the drive. There are also trails and chill spots surrounding the area, so get some friends together and have fun.

Visit a Harrisonburg Brewery

Harrisonburg definitely loves its beer! There are four breweries in town: Three-Notch’d, Pale Fire, Wolf Street, and Brothers. They’re all fabulous, so take your pick and sample the tastes of Harrisonburg!

One last meal at your favorite local restaurant

Harrisonburg is full of local restaurants like Greens and Grains, Dave’s Taverna, Heritage Bakery, The Golden Pony, Clementine’s, Ruby’s, and so many more! Pick your favorite and maybe take your family that came to see you graduate to let them try something they could only get in Harrisonburg.

Say goodbye to everyone

Photo credit: Madeleine Bloxam Photography

Make sure you give your favorite professors, best friends, and anyone that has changed your life hugs before you leave JMU. With everyone going their separate ways, there’s rarely certainty in when you’ll see them again; make sure they know you love them and they are important to you.

James Madison University