Fueled Food Truck is coming to JMU this fall

It’s more than just a food truck

This is the last call for D-Hall and as the university prepares for the demolition and reconstruction of Gibbons Hall for a new, 97,514 square foot state-of-the-art dining facility, many have been looking forward to the first step in the renovation process – the construction of two temporary facilities: D-Hub and the food truck hub.

The food truck hub will be located behind Moody Hall where it will house a temporary Chick-fil-A. It will be composed of the Starbucks truck and two other food trucks, one of them being the Fueled Food Truck.

The determination of which brands are going to be brought on campus is done through research — surveys, feedback, meetings with the SGA Food and Dining Committee, one-on-one conversations and recent trends.

According to their Facebook page, Fueled will serve as a collaborative project that focuses on bringing local sourced foods to campus with an Asian fusion.

“What we’ve created is something unlike anywhere else – a student-run, collaborative food truck embodying the unique passions and values of James Madison University. On the outside, the food truck is about providing nutritious food to students, supporting local businesses, and fueling entrepreneurship with the unparalleled opportunities this university has to offer – however on the inside, at the heart, Fueled is driven by something much greater.”

“Fueled is more than just a food truck. This isn’t another amazing dinning hall service from JMU nor is it a club. This is a univeristy initiative, originating at the heart of JMU – its students.”

The date has yet to be confirmed, but as of right now you’ll want to stay on the look out for them on April 27th on the Commons from 12-3 for a launch party. There you can taste test potential foods and give your student input. Oh, and it’s completely FREE!

You can follow them now on Twitter and Instagram at @JMUfueled. For future updates and promotions like and share their Facebook page.

James Madison University