Ithaca College ranked top LGBTQ+ friendly school

It’s the eight year in a row we’ve received 5 stars

There's no surprise that Ithaca College is one of the most accepting campuses across America – especially when it comes to supporting the LGBTQ community. With four different LGBTQ student organizations on a campus of 6,000 attendees, IC definitely has the resources to make the community members and allies at home.

Campus Pride, a national nonprofit organization whose goal is to create a safer environment on campus for LGBTQ students, has recognized us for the eight year in a row as one of the "Best of the Best Top 25 LGBTQ-friendly Colleges & Universities." This year, Ithaca came in fifth on the list, scoring five out of five stars.

Campus Pride uses their top 25 list to give the best information available to LGBTQ students, both incoming and current. “LGBTQ youth and families today want to know what campuses are doing when it comes to inclusive policies, programs and practices,” said Shane Windmeyer, executive director of Campus Pride. “These are the campuses leading the way for LGBTQ inclusion and who have come out to support LGBTQ students from the first day of classes through graduation day.”

The fours student groups offered to the IC community through the Center for LGBTQ Education, Outreach & Services are PRISM, Athlete Ally, Spectrum and Created Equal. You can find out more information about theses groups on the Ithaca College website.

Ithaca College