Hell yeah! Badass director Bill D’Elia will be Ithaca College’s 2017 commencement speaker

He directed ‘How to Get Away with Murder’

IC has recently announced Bill D’Elia will be giving the 2017 commencement address and we couldn’t be anymore excited.

Not only is he an IC alumni from the Roy H. Park School of Communications, but also the executive producer and director of the hit ABC television series, “How to Get Away with Murder”.

D’Elia is an eight-time Emmy Award and four-time Golden Globe nominee. The IC legend has produced and directed some of the most critically acclaimed television programs of the past two decades, including our favorites “Grey’s Anatomy”, “Glee” and “Chicago Hope”- which received 33 Emmy nominations during the four years the award-winner produced it.

He also co-created the hit series “Judging Amy” and was executive producer and director of “Harry’s Law,” “Monday Mornings” and “The Crazy Ones,” which marked the return of the late Robin Williams to series television. #RIPRobinWilliams.

D’Elia spoke with Ithaca College on being the 2017 commencement speaker and said:

“I consider myself first and foremost a storyteller, who has had the great good fortune to be able to tell some entertaining stories on television over the past several decades. That storytelling journey began at Ithaca College. To come back to the South Hill campus to address the graduating class of 2017 is a singular honor I will forever cherish.”

As a soon-to-be graduate and ShondaLand lover, I’m ecstatic to hear from an IC alum who has his life all figured out.

Ithaca College