10 Commandments for being a girl at Ithaca College

You’re a girl, live by the code

Every girl’s experience is unique, but we can also learn from each other. Being a girl is kind of like being in an unspoken religious community where everyone knows the rules, but no one talks about them. Beyonce is our deity, and not slaying is a sin.
Here are the 10 Commandments to go by as a girl at Ithaca college:

Thou shall not steal jackets people have left behind at the bars

That jacket may have been on your shopping list for a year now but don’t be that gal.

Thou shall not let a friend dance with a guy when she’s giving you the “look”

So you’re at Moonies, Lot 10, the Range, or at a party, your friend gives you the “is he cute” look and you instantly nod no. Help a girl out and help her get out of the situation instead of laughing it off.

Thou shall not let a girl walk home alone from a night out

Although the walk from town to campus may not be that far, a lot can happen in a blocks radius. Look out for each other.

Thou shall always put all foods before dudes

If you should learn anything in life let it be this: boys come and go, food is forever unless you ate it all therefore you need to go to Wegmans.

Thou shall always get a slice of pizza after a night out

It should be a rule that if you didn’t stop to get Pizza before or after (or both ) the bars or a party, you did not have a successful night.

Thou shall not judge each other

You’re human, I’m Human: simple. We all make mistakes and feel rubbish about it. Nobody needs other girls throwing shade when you’re already feeling bad enough.

Thou shall wear a jacket when it’s below zero

ITHACA IS COLD. BRICK COLD. WEAR A JACKET LADIES.

Thou shall realize that the heels, ice and hills combination is a sure disaster

Seriously its no joke. One wrong step and you’re on a long trip to ER.

Thou shall always hold your friends hair back after a fun night out gone wrong

Help a girl out. We’ve all been there, and no one wants to go there again. It’s a part of being a girl.

Thou shall deal with the frizz

80% of Ithaca’s weather is either rain or snow. Thats like major no for your hair. Extra points if you can make the frizz look work for you.

Live by them, swear by them, whatever you’d like. But truth is, you’re only here for four years make them count as much as possible.

Ithaca College