Coming back to classes after break, as told by Parks and Rec

‘Everything hurts and I’m dying’

For most students, winter break is a time to sleep in until 1 p.m. and do absolutely nothing every single day, completely worry-free! So obviously, going back to school after four weeks of doing exactly that can be much harder than you think.

Starting spring semester after break sucks, but the characters of Parks and Rec feel our pain! Enjoy this timeline highlighting every miserable moment of your return to classes, it's only going to get harder from here on out.

Once you're used to getting up in the afternoon every single day, it should be illegal to have to get up at 7 a.m. for an 8:30 lecture.

You love your mom, but you don't want to admit that you're already miserable when she texts you asking how your first day is going.

The worst part of it all is that your professors just don't seem to understand the point of syllabus week. They end up skipping the syllabus all together and going straight into chapter one, EVERY TIME.

It's also not good when you've gotten so used to home-cooked meals that you forget how to make food like a college student.

The only good thing about going back to school is that you get to reunite with your friends that you haven't seen in forever because they live on the other side of the country.

At the end of the day, no matter how miserable being back in classes truly is, we all love being back in Iowa City because it's our home. Let's tackle this semester together.

University of Iowa Hide Images