I ate at Blaze Pizza in IC and it blew me away

A welcome addition to the Iowa City food scene

Living in Iowa City, we all know that you can’t throw a stone without hitting at least one pizza joint. There’s always competition for who has the best slice in town, but now there’s a new contender on the block.

If you haven’t yet made it to Blaze Pizza you better start now. Blaze is not only delicious, but also a fun experience. Iowa City’s newest pizza joint is a build-your-own-pizza style place, set up like a Chipotle or Pancheros with its ingredients laid out in front of you.

The first step to a full Blaze experience is picking the type of dough you want. Unless you specify you want something different, they will automatically give you their original crust, which is thin crust but still chewy. They also offer a gluten-free option, as well as a high-rise dough option for an additional charge.

この後もの凄い事件が起きた? .

A post shared by Kaho Matsuda (@i__am___kaho) on Aug 19, 2017 at 5:11pm PDT

The next step is to start building your pizza where you get vast options. Blaze offers twelve options for sauces, seven options for cheeses (including a vegan option), nineteen different veggies (not including seasonal options) and seven meat options. There are plenty of options to create your own personal perfect pizza.

If all these options seem a little daunting, don’t sweat it, you can always choose one of their nine signature pizzas.

After you’ve made your fantastic pizza, a friendly employee will check you out. I was helped by an employee named Maya who was not only fast an efficient, but very friendly as well. She took the time to ask me how my day was, and make small talk. The customer service at Blaze is just as good as the food they serve.

When it came to a forgotten pizza a manager personally came out to talk to the customer as well as offer a free pizza coupon for her next visit. While I sat and ate my delicious pepperoni, black olive, and fresh basil pizza, I got checked on twice by Blaze employees to see how I was doing.

Overall, my experience at Blaze Pizza was amazing. I give them a big five stars.

University of Iowa Blaze Pizza Iowa City University of Iowa