Your guide to everything Fall in Iowa City

From haunted houses to pumpkin patches, your Fall 2017 isn’t complete without these

It's finally fall, everyone's favorite season. The trees are changing color and the weather has cooled off, and that can only mean it's time to bust out your favoroite flannels and sweaters and enjoy all the activities only this season has to offer.

People often forget about the beauty that comes with this season, as well as the tricks and treats that Halloween brings at the end of October. It's the simple pleasures of Fall, like the crispness of the weather that makes you bundle up in a blanket with a warm cup of coffee.

So let's not take these opportunities for granted and explore the greatness this Fall brings. Here's a list of every fun thing you can do in Iowa City to make sure your Fall is everything it can be.

Take a hike at Lake MacBride

Fall foliage

A post shared by imallsmiles126 (@imallsmiles126) on Oct 24, 2017 at 9:09am PDT

One of the best things about fall is the spectrum of reds, yellows and everything in between that it brings.

Head over to Lake MacBride to see all the trees showing off their fantastic new colors. Walk or drive through the state park to enjoy the coolness of fall, maybe have a picnic and play some football to take advantage of weather before winter comes.

Get scared at Circle of Ash Haunted House

Bobo take over!!!! Come out tonight now till midnight!!!

A post shared by Circle Of Ash Haunted House (@circleofash) on Sep 29, 2017 at 6:06pm PDT

If you're someone who can't survive Fall without at least one trip to a haunted house, then you need to check out Circle of Ash to really get your insides churning.

Taking over the Linn County Fairgrounds, this fright fest is full of spooky events made for everyone! At Circle of Ash, you can choose from a haunted house, haunted forest, haunted mine shaft, scary clown-infested maze or ride in a coffin! The best part is you can experience all four of these separate frightening activities without leaving the Fairgrounds! It's a four-in-one experience you don't want to miss!

Circle of Ash is open from 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m every Friday and Saturday as well as 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. on October 22, 26 and 29. Tickets are just $20 or you can pay $35 for fast pass tickets to allow you to skip lines.

Check out the Creepy Campus Crawl at the Pentacrest Museums

Even the university is deep in the season of scaring! Stop by the Old Capitol Museum and the Museum of Natural History in the Pentacrest from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Friday October 27 for some scares and learning.

It’s the perfect event for families and friends to gather and enjoy some Halloween festivities to get you into the spooky spirit! The best part is that this event is free! Could it get any better?

Make a trip to Wilson’s Apple Orchard

High temperatures in the 50’s call for a flannel and a trip to the pumpkin patch. ???

A post shared by Joshua Taylor (@joshuajames262) on Oct 22, 2017 at 5:10pm PDT

Pumpkin patches are the next best thing after haunted houses. After all, Fall isn’t only about Halloween, it’s also about orchards, caramel apples, apple cider and pumpkins!

Head over to Wilson’s Apple Orchard, everyone at the University of Iowa's favorite orchard, to enjoy the classic pumpkin patch outing that every Fall season calls for.

Pull on a flannel and enjoy some apples while you search for the perfect pumpkin, then sample some delicious apple cider and pick out a caramel apple to take home. You can even find some apple turnovers and donuts in the barn for a freshly baked treat.

On weekends, you have a chance to get a tractor ride around the orchard. This is the perfect place for a fall afternoon after class!

thinking about apple cider slushies and donuts?

A post shared by Elena Alvarez (@elenavalvarez) on Oct 25, 2017 at 2:29pm PDT

Hunt down zombies at Colony Pumpkin Patch

oh my gourd i love pumpkins

A post shared by camille hawley (@camille_hawley) on Oct 23, 2017 at 5:51pm PDT

If you're a big fan of Wiolson's Apple Orchard, consider checking out a different pumpkin patch.

Located in North Liberty, Colony Pumpkin Patch has a lot to offer. Here you can enjoy a hayride, navigate a 10-acre corn maze and of course, pick out the best pumpkin in the patch.

Something else to enjoy is Zombie Paintball, starting at only $5. For 20 minutes, you'll get a chance to hunt down zombies that have taken over the pumpkin patch. After you're done clearing out the monsters, try the corn maze in the dark to really get your adrenaline rushing!

Plan a Halloween movie night with friends

At the end of the day when it's too cold to stay out, back and relax at home with some spooky Halloween movies. Call your friends over and warm up some of that apple cider you picked up at Wilson's Apple Orchard. Now you just need to get cozy under a warm and fuzzy blanket and settle down for a flick. After all, a movie night is the perfect way to unwind after a long week of classes and studying.

Kick off a Halloween movie marathon with new movies like The Conjuring and Sinister and throw it back with classics like Friday the 13th and The Shining.

Can't handle scary? Go for your childhood favorites, movies like Hocus Pocus and Halloween Town instead.

However you celebrate the Fall season, there's no better way to spend it than with your favorite people in good ol' Iowa City.

University of Iowa Circle of Ash Colony Pumpkin Patch Fall Halloween Iowa City University of Iowa Wilson's Apple Orchard