Exclusive footage: Man arrested after climbing Iowa sorority house roof

He doesn’t even go here

An Indiana University student was arrested Monday evening after being found on heavily intoxicated on the roof of Pi Beta Phi sorority house.

At 9:33 p.m., Iowa City police received complaints from residents at Pi Phi that a man had scaled the walls of the building and was standing on the roof. The individual, 19-year-old Alexander A. Preissing of Arlington Heights, Illinois, tried to flee when police arrived on the scene.

Luckily, members of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity had been visiting Pi Phi delivering philanthropy t-shirts when the incident occurred. Among these were 19-year-old SAE Vice President Calogeno Principato of Martensdale, Iowa and 20-year-old Philanthropy Chair Riley Hasken of Dubuque, Iowa.

When Preissing attempted to climb down from the roof and flee, he was tackled and pinned down by Principato on the Pi Phi front lawn until police arrived and took over.

Upon his arrest, police found that Preissing smelled strongly of alcohol and was in possession of a fake ID. Preissing told police he was “just being drunk,” however, he refused to be breathalyzed.

SAE Vice President Calegeno Principato told The Tab Iowa: “Honestly, it wasn’t what I expected for the Monday night of finals week. I just was lucky to be where I was to be able to stop that drunk idiot from getting away. I know if anyone else from SAE was there delivering shirts, they would’ve done the same thing.

“When I had him in the headlock, the guy said ‘Yo I’ll Venmo you 50 bucks if you let me go.'”

Preissing is currently facing four separate charges of public intoxication, trespassing, disorderly conduct and possession of a fake ID. Such charges are classified as simple misdemeanors punishable by up to 30 days in jail.

University of Iowa Alexander Preissing Indiana University Iowa City Pi Beta Phi Sigma Alpha Epsilon University of Iowa