What your favorite coffee place says about you

You know you’re a true hipster if Java House is your favorite

College and coffee go together like… well, like college and sleep deprivation. It’s no secret that Hawkeyes are enthusiastic about getting their caffeine fix, and that everyone has a favorite spot to do so.

Here’s what you’re saying about yourself when you sport your favorite to go cup.

Starbucks

It all started in middle school, when it was unheard of to walk around the mall without a squad of friends around you, each with a grande frap in hand. Here at Iowa, the Clinton St. Starbucks wowed you with its wood tables and trendy artwork – a major step up from you hometown Starbs at Target or Hyvee. Your coffee house preference shows that you stick to your ways: you always know exactly what to order, who the best baristas are and the exact dates that your favorite holiday drink will be available.

Dunkin’ Donuts

Sure, they don’t have jazzy coffe house tunes or fancy names for their drinks, but Dunkin has sugar, caffeine and the lowest prices around. If DD is your favorite spot, you probably start craving coffee between 2pm and 6pm, because you’ve trained yourself to only go during happy hour. You’re price savvy, love the efficient drive through and chances are you have a full blown addiction.

Java House

If you feel the most content under the gazing eyes of a bunch of creepy portraits, indie jams comforting you while you slave over your homework, accompanied by a cup of coffee as trendy and hipster as you: you’re a Java person. You probably know your coffee, and will swing by with your own tumbler for a fix even when you don’t have time to sit down. Yet as hard as you try to be casual about your obsession, it’s hard not to take an aesthetic snap chat every time you go.

High Grounds

You love the lowkey vibes of this place, with all the perks of people watching without the drawback of trying not to listen to people’s conversations: just like you, most people at High Grounds like sipping their coffee while enjoying some alone time. Most content right in the trendy space between downtown and your crappy little college home, your preference for High Grounds reflects your old soul. Whether reading a cool book or playing cribbage, you’re probably an OG hipster. Respect.

The library/your own drip coffee maker

You’re hard core and respect coffee for its original and greatest intention: keeping you going. Grind on.

University of Iowa