Clown reportedly sighted on Iowa’s campus

The U of I Police aren’t clowning around with this one

Students have reported sightings of a clown on Iowa’s campus the past two nights

The most recent sighting was around 10:56pm Monday a clown was spotted on the University of Iowa’s campus by several people, including several concerned students. According to UI spokesperson Hayley Bruce, the clown was spotted east campus residence hall, Mayflower, where students reported sightings to the resident services desk according to Iowa City Press-Citizen, somewhere around North Dubuque Street and Hancher Auditorium.

The University of Iowa Police Department sent out a tweet and Facebook status on Tuesday morning confirming that they have received reports of clown sightings, however there were no reports of the clown harming or threatening anyone. They are still taking the situation very seriously.

A Twitter account named Clown Sightings Iowa has also popped up in the midst of the reported sightings, claiming to be accurately warning people of clown sightings so as to keep them safe, linking to a few places on Iowa’s campus in addition to locations around the state. The validity of the account and its reported sightings has not been confirmed.

Police are asking anyone who sees the clown to call 319-335-5022.

University of Iowa