The University of Iowa is the best place to be a freshman

Why would you want to go anywhere else?

Most of us come to college dreading the fact that you are going to be a freshman again. Senior year of high school you were at the top of the totem poll. No one had made you carry the soccer equipment, dump their lunch trays, or even considered pranking you in three years.

Thank God, because I know I am speaking for all of us when I say those were some of our worst high school experiences.

Although us newbies have something to say that no other class can. So far Iowa, has more than impressed each and every 4,500 of us, as well as the rest of Iowa City.

Here are some of the reasons why it is such a great time to be a freshman here at the university:

Hawkeye fans were ranked #1 most impressive fans by College Spun

One of the best ways to see how great the student body at UI is, most of us would recommend attending a football game.

Tailgating season is where you see Hawks shine. From eating hotdogs at 6 am, to wearing bibs and tattooing your face.

Like all of us Hawks say, “If you don’t bleed back and gold take your bitch ass home!”

Kirk Ferrentz received Coach of The Year award

There is no doubt that some of that school pride came from our outstanding football season.

Kirk Ferrentz and the team put in some great work, and it definitely is something our student body is proud of.

A lot of celebs came and visited us  – the university had a presidential caucus on campus

Stars like Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Mark Foster, Josh Hutcherson, Vampire Weekend, Dirty Projects, the Lucas Brothers, Hillary Clinton, Travis Porter and Demi Lovato have all been to Iowa City this year.

We’re basically famous by association.

The Iowa Football Team won the Big 10 Conference in the West Division and played Stanford in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl    

I-O-W-A!

Anyone who had the chance to travel to Cali to be a part of this huge accomplishment knows what I am talking about.

Besides being able to get away from the cold weather back in Iowa City, being at the Rose Bowl is a HUGE achievement for the Hawkeyes and its student body.

Our teams stay at the top

Men’s Basketball ranked top 3, which has not been completed since 1989.

Women’s Basketball won 79-64 against Northwestern, another victory that has not been done since 2014.

Men’s Wrestling has also continued to prevail.

Future performances at the University include Ty Dolla Sign, and Blake Shelton who will be the first to ever preform at Kinnick Stadium

We have some exciting guests coming to Iowa City in the near future.

I am 100% positive Hawkeyes will be able to teach Ty and Blake how to,”Turn Down For What?”.

So to all you upperclassmen, we clearly outdid you all. It is okay. Next time you are all looking to spark up your class, there are 4,500 of us young-ins around to help you out….Hawks Help Hawks.

Don’t doubt us, it seems we have been the good luck charm so far here at the University!

Go Hawks!

University of Iowa