IUPD investigates armed robbery at Dunn Woods

The suspect demanded the victim give him all of his belongings, a cell phone and wallet, then left the scene on foot

At 12:37am Tuesday, IU students received an alert via phone call, text message and email about a reported robbery on campus. It warned them to “Take safe shelter. Lock door. Call 911 with info. Follow official instruction.”

IUPD-Bloomington is currently investigating the reported armed robbery that took place Tuesday morning near Dunn Woods.

The victim, a male IU student, was listening to music alone while seated on a bench at Dunn Woods (wooded area south of Franklin Hall and east of Bryan Hall). A minute after spotting a male pass him, he was suddenly grabbed from behind and felt a metal object placed to his head. While the victim reported to not have seen a weapon, he told the police he believed the metal object was a handgun.

The suspect demanded the victim give him all of his belongings, a cell phone and wallet, then left the scene on foot. The victim was not injured during the robbery.

The suspect was described as an African American male, approximately 5’9” tall, weighing around 175 pounds and looked to be in his late 20s to early 30s in age. He was wearing a blue, hooded jacket on the night of the incident.

IUPD-Bloomington

The victim reported hearing the suspect talking and believes there could be more than one suspect involved.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Indiana University Police Department via telephone at 812-855-4111, or via email at [email protected].

IU