Why IU is superior to Purdue

Things every IU student will understand about the Purdue rivalry

IU and Purdue seem to have a never-ending rivalry. Both sides don’t tend to hold back their emotions when it comes to sporting events and campus life in general.

However, there are some things that just don’t add up. Here are a few reasons why IU proves to be superior to Purdue:

Purdue football is a joke

IU has won the past THREE Old Oaken Bucket games. Enough said.

West Lafayette is the worst town in the Big Ten

Is it a water treatment plant? Is it a landfill? I don’t know but West Lafayette stank. If you aren’t on Purdue’s actual campus, you are surrounded by townies that consider the local Red Lobster a five-star restaurant.

Little Bro Syndrome

You know how younger siblings are always annoying, tattling, and competing with their older siblings? Well, that is Purdue to Indiana. Purdue always chants “IU SUCKS” at every sporting event and party regardless if they are playing IU. Come on little bro, grow up.

What is up with their nightlife?

Their pregames start at 7:00pm and the night ends at midnight. IU starts their pregame when its bedtime at Purdue. Lame. Also, do they even have a bar scene?

Food

Let’s be honest… a single slice of pizza at Nick’s trumps any entree at Triple XXX.

Chants that make yours ears bleed

You say “Boiler Up!” We say “Boiler Down.”

You say “Go Purdue!” We say “Purdon’t.”

Black and Gold

The unfortunate color combination of black and gold just doesn’t work for anyone. Usually fans show up to games in plain black. That’s just boring. Cream and crimson candy stripes are where it’s at.

Little 500 vs. Grand Prix

The IU Little 500 bike race was founded years before the Grand Prix go-cart race. Yep, I said go-carts. Anyone can drive a Chuck E. Cheese go-cart around a track but it takes a real athlete to compete in the Little 5. Little 500 is also considered the world’s greatest college weekend. Purdue argues that Grand Prix is just as insane if not better than Little 5. Alas, the little brother is jealous again.

idiot

The Mascot Issue

Purdue Pete = creepy

Hoosier = historic, proud, all around cooler (*cough* *cough* we have a movie named after us.)

IU has Banners

“What rivalry? We got banners, you don’t.” –Every IU fan ever

At the end of the day its an IU thing… Purdue wouldn’t understand.

IU