Bernie Sanders was met with overflowing support at IU

‘No person in this world survives alone’

Presidential hopeful Senator Bernie Sanders had thousands of IU students, community members, and visitors waiting for hours for the chance to get into the IU Auditorium this evening to listen to him speak.

People lined up outside the IU Auditorium as early as 11 AM, and still the crowds were greater than the venue could hold.

Even before beginning his official speech inside the IU Auditorium, Sanders spoke briefly before the masses around Indiana University’s iconic Showalter Fountain so that the supporters who couldn’t get inside the at-capacity venue could see the man they had been clamoring to witness.

Sanders addressed a broad scope of topics of the problems facing America today: the corruption of the electoral system, the broken criminal justice system, constant warfare, pay inequity, low minimum wage, and other issues that ignited the passion of his supporters.

He encouraged those present to stand together against the country’s corruption, remarking, “No person in this world survives alone.”

Sanders spoke passionately, and was rewarded with several standing ovations and swarms of attendees chanting his name. When he made his exit, Sen. Sanders briefly made his way down from the stage, walking through the crowds of students along the front row, and was rewarded with thundering applause, and hundreds of people rushing for photos.

IU