The IU baseball team sorority recruitment vid spoof is on point

‘Beyond being consistently one of IU’s strongest athletic programs, they also knocked this parody out of the park’

The IU baseball program posted a video they made to promote their Sorority Night this past Wednesday.

Sure, the Sorority Night game itself has come and gone, but the way the video prods at everyone’s favorite sorority recruitment video tropes is positively timeless.

Beyond being consistently one of IU’s strongest athletic programs, they also knocked this parody out of the park. They pretty much covered all their bases with this one — lens flares, rave music, generous use of slow motion and double speed, constant and semi-dizzying camera motion. I could go on… and so I shall!

The video opened with all the initiated players assembled outside the entrance to Bart Kaufman Field — their equivalent to a sorority house.

They have one of the brotherhood’s lookers standing alone with an IU flag, back to the camera, looking into the camera while smiling mysteriously, all under an expanse of blue sky above.

There’s footage of the team posing adorably together. Also, the low photo quality above is indicative of what I was saying about the camera never stopping — very much an echo of recruitment vids.

It wouldn’t be a sorority parody video if they didn’t include weird hand stuff.

There is ever more house spirit flag under open, blue sky. This time it’s with some of the gang showing their #IUBase love together.

And then we have the trope to end all tropes: the classic, blowing-glitter-into-the-camera thing.

What I really want to know is if instead of paddles they have decorated baseball bats hanging in their rooms.

Just watch the video and see for yourself:

So who else is going to rush IU baseball this spring?

IU