Where to find free and cheap condoms

Just the tips

So Valentines Day has come upon us, and we all know what that means — lots of pink and red hearts, mushy couples and random acts to try to get into each other’s pants. Now this certainly does not apply to everyone, especially all you romantics out there — ahem me — or all of you celebrating V-Day with you fav Netflix character. But if you’re in need of fast ways to score cheap or even free rubbers then allow me to guide you.

Pizza X

Yes, yes I know that this is a pizza place. But, if you are trying to score while also trying to be sly about it, look no further than your local Pizza X. All you need to do is order your food — I recommend the Little 500 Deal — then just say that you would also like “sprinkles” with your order and you’re good as gold. Be warned. Make sure to be on your best behavior on the phone or else you may find yourself with a hole filled condom or a melted rubber and cheese.

GLBT Student Support Services

I do not recommend going into random houses, but there is a specific house on 7th street across the IMU and through Dunn Meadow that will give you as many male or female condoms that you would like, and in a rainbow of color selection too. In case red isn’t your spirit color, there is blue, green, and even purple!

Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–5:00 PM

Address: 705 E 7th St, Bloomington, IN 47408

Nearby Stores

Such as Walgreens, CVS, and Target. This is the basic, full proof way of getting what you need quickly, but where is the fun? Where is the scandal? Where is the adventure? Cause we all know the longer you wait, the steamier it is. Plus you have to actually pay for these. Not savage.

Events

Welcome Week is notorious for giving us the low down on what this school year is going to be like and for the new freshmen, it gives them a taste of what the IU college experience is really like. There are booths for just about anything and luckily for this article, condoms are all part of the fun. So next year at Welcome Week, make sure to stock up.

A little closer in time to us right now is Cupcakes & Condoms at IU. This is an annual event that happens every April 20th — yes, that April 20th. This is an opportunity to both stock up on condoms, eat cupcakes, and also eat condom shaped and inspired foods. An who doesn’t love free food?

Residence Halls

Do not know if they supply condoms. I made several calls to different places and didn’t get a conclusive answer. I feel that this is a problem because RAs and our dorm staff are intended to be helpful and make sure we are safe — hopefully sexually speaking too. Get it together, RPS!

Health Center

The safest way to go is to make your way to the local Health Center. This ensures sterile, safe rubbers that are not of exciting colors, but will definitely get the job done.

Amazon

Or if you are a planner, you can always order from amazon.com. Freshman Michael Zubi vouches, “There are big quantities at small prices.” He is considered an expert in this field, so I think his advice pulls a good-sized weight.

How about the guy/girl you are with!?

I mean I should hope that either you or the person you are planning to be with has the correct protection. I think anyone planning to be sexually active should pick up a box of whatever fits their needs. This will prevent awkward and possibly even dangerous situations from ever happening.

So, boys and girls, have a great Valentines Day, whether you are with people or with Stefan and Damon from Vampire Diaries. And remember to be safe and wrap the willy!

IU