The Tab IU has arrived: Your source for college news is here

News and stories by Hoosiers, for Hoosiers, in a style Hoosiers want

Congratulations – by reading this, you have already joined the revolution of college journalism taking place on campuses across the United States.

The Tab first began in the UK when two Cambridge University students created a publication in 2009 that would write about campus life in a way that actually considered their student audience. It exploded in success, and in the fall of 2015, The Tab started at universities in the United States. And today the Tab IU has arrived at Indiana University. Speaking as a recent IU alum, I can say with confidence what a beautiful pairing this is going to be.

IU has a dynamic campus culture of students with stories to tell, perspectives to share and news to deliver. That’s why our team of writers is a cross-section of Hoosiers of different majors and backgrounds to better have our finger on the pulse of IU life. It helps make the difference between giving you readers cold, hard facts when all you really want is honesty. We’re a network of Hoosiers telling you about your school and telling it like it is.

We already have become a part of hot Hoosier discussions as seen by Bryce’s editorial about the dilemma of loving IUBB even while the love for Coach Crean has cooled for some.

We also hope to start new conversations by showing stories like Saumya’s about her experiences as a young woman studying computer science.

And of course, we aren’t able to resist sharing the multifaceted experiences of Hoosiers like senior Pranav who came to IU as one of two undergrads from Kuwait and got involved and as a senior can say he’s had an IU experience for the books.

You can find these stories — and soon more and more — on the Tab IU website. Of course, we get most of our news through social media, so feel free to ‘Like’ our Facebook page for The Tab IU.

Are you already interested in writing for the Tab IU where you can write articles for your student body? Then you can sign up and get started literally today. Not figuratively. Literally.

Otherwise, you can just sit back and read along while staying informed with the rest of your fellow Hoosiers.

IU