Welcome to Harvard, Malia Obama

You made the right choice

It looks like good decision-making runs in the Obama family.

After a gap year, Malia Obama will attend Harvard as a member of the Class of 2021, as first reported by The Tab last night.

The Harvard community has been excited to hear the news, which was confirmed by the White House today, and it seems as if everyone believes she made the right choice.

The picture we reported confirming Malia accepted her Harvard offer

Despite receiving offers from plenty of other prestigious schools –  and touring Brown, Columbia, Princeton, Penn and Yale – Malia has made the best decision possible in taking her talents to Cambridge.

Both of her parents are Harvard Law graduates, so it only makes sense that the Obama legacy lives on in Cambridge. After spending the past eight years living in DC and going to school at Sidwell Friends, she will fit right in at Harvard, which offers the perfect combination of suburban feel and easy access to a great city.

She will also join the long list of presidential children who have attended Harvard. With a strong tradition of high-profile people studying at Harvard, it has become the norm for the average student to attend classes with some pretty big names. It is likely Malia will be treated just like any other Harvard student, and experience college just like the rest of us do.

Malia – we’re thrilled to hear you’ve chosen Harvard and can’t wait to have you here on campus!

Harvard national-us