Hands of Harvard: ‘We hide behind our label as a progressive institution’

‘It is really problematic that we hide behind this cover’

Hands of harvard

Disclaimer: The ideas presented below are true and unadulterated testimonies from people at Harvard. All information presented is based on their personal opinions and views. Their identities have been kept confidential and all information is anonymous. If you are a friend or loved one of the interviewee and are able to recognize their identity, please respect the confidentiality of these intimate posts. It is possible that some information presented will be challenging, controversial, or triggering. If you are going to participate in the comment section, please be mindful of the emotions of the interviewees who have so graciously opened up for this project.

“I think we are a lot less progressive than we claim and it is really problematic that we hide behind this cover of being one of the most progressive institutions and because of that people get away with not being progressive as a joke. Because they know they can say ‘I go to Harvard, I’m well educated, you know, I would never say anything insensitive, I would never say anything politically incorrect,’ but at the same time hide behind that and perpetuate a lot of sexism.”

Harvard