Why Buffalo, NY is truly the ruffest, buffest city in the world

Niagara Falls? Over it

Buffalo, the Queen City, the land of snow and poor sports teams, can be defined by several distinct characteristics. While there are, of course, countless reasons why our city is extraordinary, it’s this list that shows our most exclusive thoughts, traits, and mindsets.

My Favourite Picture Of All Time.. #BuffaloBills #BillMafia #BillsNation #America #Football #NFL ???

A photo posted by @sg2nd on Oct 28, 2016 at 9:26am PDT

We all know the Buffalo Bills will win a Super Bowl

It is true. The Buffalo Bills have gone 16 seasons without a playoff appearance. That doesn’t stop our fans from being rowdy and sometimes downright insane. We have indestructible hope and support for the future of our franchise, one that will win in the future. Each season starts the same with thousands of fans creating sparks that electrify the city. Although we are on the smaller side with regards to the size of our market, we dwarf others in terms of spirit, passion, and tailgating.

Half past six 4ever??

A photo posted by lala? (@laau_lg) on Oct 27, 2016 at 7:34pm PDT

Niagara Falls is just another place

Despite being one of the seven wonders of the United States, Niagara Falls is simply just another place for most of us. We have all seen it multiple times and are very indifferent to it by now. Sure, a big waterfall is pretty cool but I, and most others from Buffalo, could never see it again in our lives and be fine with it.

#Canisius ? #Joes #canisiusvsjoes

A photo posted by Sean Kennelly (@skennelly16) on Oct 27, 2012 at 9:54am PDT

Buffalo wings are called chicken wings, Idiots

Buffalo is the starting place of chicken wings, one of the best, greasy delicacies available. Available in a variety of delectable flavors, our wings will shame those found it restaurants like Buffalo Wild Wings. In addition, it is so easy to tell when a foreigner tries them because 1) They are amazed at how great they taste and 2) They say something along the lines of, “These Buffalo wings are great!”

We don’t complain about the weather being too cold or snowy

Buffalo winters are claimed to be notorious for their frigid temperatures and heavy snowstorms. While this stereotype has some truth, it is not as bad as it sounds. We get several feet a year normally and temperatures regularly go below 30 degrees Fahrenheit. That being said, don’t bitch about your place being too cold or having too much snow unless you are completely justified. Cold weather strengthens the soul, it makes you a heartier individual and allows you to appreciate warmer weather even more.

Gochujang glazed short rib over barrel&brine kimchi fried rice. 72 hrs @60°c . Bomb ??? #dinner #barrelnbrineathome #buylocal #eatlocal #7yum6 #buffalo #buffalofood #thereslevelstothisshit #anova #instafood

A photo posted by Dave Valentin (@udoggie88) on Oct 15, 2016 at 5:06pm PDT

Our Restaurants are for real

We believe real food comes from real families who have great recipes and stick to them. Real food comes from fast-paced, chaotic, and curse-filled kitchens where the ingredients aren’t pre-made, pre-packaged, pre-grilled, pre-cooked, etc. Buffalo’s food is real (and real unhealthy) and is what ultimately brings our citizens together. The best occasions in Buffalo usually have the best food because all Buffalonians are foodies.

#newyorkstate #theempirestate #canadaborder

A photo posted by katty six ☺️ (@kattymaguinae) on Oct 19, 2016 at 6:34am PDT

Canada is our backyard

With Toronto being our closest major city and having Canada being around 15-20 minutes away from downtown, it is no secret that we are very close to our northern neighbors. I have several friends from Canada and frequently traverse the border in no time. We share much more than our mutual love for hockey and Canadian beer.

Go Herd! #outside #buffalobaseball

A photo posted by @head_waters on Apr 18, 2015 at 11:20am PDT

We had an NBA team (The Buffalo Braves) and we all want it back

Although it doesn’t seem like a basketball city, Buffalo did in fact have a professional basketball team. Considering the passion fans bring to every sport in Buffalo, it is a no brainer that we want our old team back. Not only would this help with the revitalization process downtown, but it would spur a new generation of fans that would never let our team leave again. We have proven to be dedicated football and hockey fans and can definitely spread our love to our future basketball team.

#candyshop #popnotsoda

A photo posted by Shaunna (@shaunna_) on Jun 2, 2016 at 2:33pm PDT

Soda or Coke or whatever you other people call it, is actually called Pop

I get weird and sometimes confused looks when I call soft drinks pop. I have always grown up saying that just like the others surrounding me. It makes sense since the carbonated drinks usually make a “popping sound” when you first open them. So it’s clearly time for the rest of the country to catch on to this rationale and not use stupid terms for pop.

Our city is the City of Good Neighbors

It is almost a fact that you will not find a city with as much brotherhood, community, and good will as Buffalo possesses. Each one of us feel a strong bond with others from our city that we meet elsewhere, even if we don’t actually know each other. This bond comes from generations helping each other shovel during snowstorms, sharing beers during a game, and splitting wings over meals. It’s challenging to describe the aura of being in Buffalo, and, therefore, it is a necessity to visit this beautiful city if you authentically want to experience it.

Georgetown University