FSU sophomore Justin Shields found

The Leon County Sheriff’s Office confirmed via a Facebook post

UPDATE: Justin Shields was found alive by LCSO 5 days after disappearing. The official Facebook page shows the Shields family crying and excited at the news that the 19 year old sophomore has been found.

An update from the Leon County Sheriff's Office Facebook page states that Justin's condition is stable and that he was found dehydrated in a wooded area by the K9 teams. He has since been transferred to the hospital where he is expected to recover without complications.

WE FOUND HIM…ALIVE!!! #bringjustinhome #ALLinMore details to come…

Posted by Leon County Sheriff's Office on Sunday, September 9, 2018

19 year old Justin Shields was recovered this afternoon. FWC, FSUPD and LCSO discovered him in a wooded area, miles…

Posted by Leon County Sheriff's Office on Sunday, September 9, 2018

This is a developing story, we will continue to update as more information becomes available.

Justin Dean Shields is a Florida State Sophomore who was last seen on campus on September 5th, according to the official Leon County Sheriff's Office Twitter page.

As of now, the only lead in the case is that an eye witness saw him walking down Old Magnolia Rd. at approximately 7 AM, according to Justin's sister Ashley. Deputies found the missing vehicle on that same road on September 7th, with his phone and wallet still inside.

As of now, LCSO does not consider Justin to be in danger, but K9 teams and helicopters have been dispatched while detectives search on foot. FSU issued a campus-wide alert today with a link to additional information.

His family is asking for any information about Shields' whereabouts, and for his safe return. Shields lives in the Stadium Center apartments near campus, and was previously a member of FIJI.

If you have any additional information, please contact the Leon County Sheriff's Office immediately at 850-606-5800.

Florida State University