Willie Taggart leaves Oregon to replace Fisher as FSU’s head coach

Out with the old and in with the new

It's official — after losing Jim Fisher to Texas A&M yesterday, Florida State University has officially hired a new head coach to lead the football team.

Coach Willie Taggart is leaving his position at the University of Oregon to become the first African-American and 10th head coach for FSU football.

While he has spent the last year on the other coast, Taggart is familiar with Florida as he was the head coach of the University of South Florida from 2013-2016.

Taggart's position was announced after the football team was seemingly crumbling as seven players announced their decommitment following Fishers' leave.

Taggart is a coach that creates change. He knows how to take a losing team to a winning team, and will undoubtedly not have a problem here at FSU as the fan base and players are itching for this change as well.

Not only does Taggart bring talent, but class as well. He informed his Oregon team about his possible intentions on leaving before making any official trips to Tallahassee.

What a nice thing to do *cough* Jimbo *cough*. FSU is excited to have Taggart join the family and I think it's safe to say that the Jimbotron can now officially be renamed the Taggatron.

Florida State University