Here’s what we know about what happened at the Phi Sig pig roast

Fraternity pledge meetings have been canceled

Saturday's Phi Sigma Kappa pig roast took a turn when a picture of an alleged xanax pill at the bottom of a red cup surfaced on Facebook. The photo made its way into several sorority group messages to warn the girls that the fraternity "brothers are putting xanax in drinks!!"

the screenshot of the cup that went viral

Apparently, a student picked up the red cup with a green substance at the bottom of the beverage and sent a picture around on Snapchat accusing Phi Sig of drugging her.

The snapchat was allegedly meant as a joke, but was screenshotted and quickly splashed across several social media outlets.

Under the impression that she was in danger of being drugged, another patron of the pig roast who saw the snapchat began to yell, alerting police officers.

Officers were already outside the fraternity house responding to a noise complaint at the time the yelling began. When they asked the person who originally sent the Snapchat, she insisted that it was merely a joke.

Phi Sigma Kappa's pig roast promotion

Phi Sigma Kappa's pig roast promotion

As a result of the incident, fraternity pledge meetings have been canceled for tonight, according to an FSU fraternity member, and an IFC-wide meeting has been scheduled, presumably to discuss the incident.

We will update as more information becomes available.

Florida State University