Sexting horror stories that will make you purge every nude from your iCloud

‘My 17-year-old brother saw it’

Ask around, and you’re guaranteed to find most people have at least one story of something going seriously awry while trying to send that special someone something a little risqué.

From screenshotting Snapchats (they were sent on there for a REASON), or suddenly being bombarded with texts about things you definitely do not find sexy and not knowing how to respond, or even the ever-looming-always-possible unsolicited dick pic (worse – the video) there are no shortage of possibilities that absolutely kill the mood. But what are the worst scenarios possible?

Well, we asked around, and found out just how bad it gets.

If you can’t spell it, how you gonna find it?

Samantha, 19

On election day I sent a guy a nude and all he replied was “make sure you get out there and vote”.

Ashley, 21

There was a picture of my boyfriend and I in a racy position. Me, being a klutz, sent it to our group chat with all of our mutual friends. I was so mortified I didn’t talk to any of them for about two weeks.

Demi, 24

I was talking to someone on Tinder and I was asked if I ever toilet played before, I was like “nah I’m not about anal” and then the response I get was “I’m not talking about anal, I’m talking about pee and poop…. I wanna be your toilet”. Literally what? 

Kami, 22

Like three weeks ago this kid, who I hadn’t spoken to in MONTHS, texts me to ask if I was still in Tallahassee and when I said I’d moved to NYC he was like “too bad wish you could come over” and once I said I had a boyfriend he proceeded to Snapchat me a dick pic with the tip of his penis covered with a flower emoji.

This kid used to send me pictures all the time that I DIDN’T ask him for, that I didn’t want, and it only took me getting a boyfriend to realize it was inappropriate, when it reality it was inappropriate from the start!

Becky, 21

When I was younger, like 17, I sent a nude and the boy asked if I “used to be a boy” because my boobs were so small and I still think about it to this day.

Maggie, 21

I was talking to this rather nice, polite guy on Tinder. We never talked about anything sexual, our conversations were mostly about school and work, and I had told him how much I hated dick pics. After about a week, we exchanged numbers–first thing I get is a photo of his dick. This thing was maybe an inch and a half, hard. With the photo came the message “wanna come choke on this, baby girl?” I shot back “well, small parts ARE choking hazards” then blocked his number.

Caitlyn, 21

Once accidentally posted a very raunchy tit pic on my Snap story. My 17-year-old brother saw it.

Nicole, 21

I meant to send a pic of my boobs to a guy and accidentally sent them to my best friend as well and she was pissed because she knew who I meant to send them to, and she hates him. Whoops.

Gigi, 21

In my bathroom the mirror is kind of high up so I can’t get a full body pic, so I stood up on the toilet to take a full one and I tripped and hit my face on the counter and my elbow and started lying on the bathroom floor crying for a good 30 minutes, still in my sexy lingerie.

OK, but who asked you?

Vic, 23

Sexting my first ever boyfriend in middle school, left my flip phone on my desk in my room, he sent me a dick pic and my dad opened it. Next thing I know I’m getting yelled at and we have a family meeting in our living room with him and his parents. Most awkward moment of my life. He apologizes to my father and then my dad asks if I had anything I’d like to say and I said no lol then he gave me a look like “apologize before I whoop you in front of everyone” so I looked at his parents and said sorry that was inappropriate and it won’t happen again. So dumb, he started it.

Caitlyn, 19

A few days ago, after me blatantly stating that I wasn’t into anything that he was, a dude sent me videos of him jacking off/shoving shampoo/soap bottles up his ass/peeing on his feet.

Donatella, 23

I used to sext my boyfriend at the age of 17-18. When we were together he told me he had made the folders private and locked them with a password. When we broke up he promised he had deleted them and their content.

More than a year later, his ex side chick (who had then become his official girlfriend) messaged me on Facebook saying  “if you even DARE message or text my boyfriend one more time… I am going to show the world all the disgusting slutty grim photos of you that I took from Marco’s laptop. Now FUCK OFF. He is NOT interested in you (and quite frankly never was)”.

It wasn’t exactly out of the blue, I had actually texted him asking about something that had recently happened. My message wasn’t nice at all, but she didn’t know that because she doesn’t understand Italian at all.

Then she blocked me.

ALSO, because I needed the help of a lawyer, I had to tell everything to my family.

Florida State University