The finals week swing guy is looking for someone to carry on his legacy

The hero we all need

Graduating senior Tommy Morrissey, better known on campus as the guy who sets up the swing on Landis during finals week, is looking for someone to carry on his legacy.

The idea came to him during the fall of his junior year, when he and his friends were “Talking about how it makes no sense that Landis doesn’t have a swing, so I said screw it, I’m in college, I’ll just make one.”

Since then, Morrissey has hung the swing from a tree on Landis every finals week, to give fellow ‘Noles a way to relax and take a load off during the overwhelming stress of finals.

He advertised the opportunity yesterday on the FSU Free and For Sale page, gaining over 200 likes and several comments since it was originally posted.

When asked who should replace him, Morrissey said, “Basically, I don’t see it as a successor thing, just someone who doesn’t mind making a swing and spending a little bit of money to give their fellow classmates a place to de-stress when studying for finals.”

He says he is “just looking for anyone to do it,” but would prefer they put it up for the same reason.

If you are interested in taking over for Morrissey and helping out your fellow Seminoles, you can contact him on his Facebook page.

Photo: Wajiha Khalid 

Florida State University