VOTE: Choose your Final Four in the competition to be crowned Florida State’s best bar

These are your Elite Eight

Last week launched the first week of FSU’s version of March Madness — a competition for the ultimate title as Florida State’s best bar. Thousands of you voted, and this week we have eight bars competing to make it into the final four.

Voting for this round ends Sunday, March 5th at 5 pm. 

Madison Social vs Bullwinkle’s

Madison Social went against The Brass Tap and won with 85% of the vote. MadSo is a beloved Happy Hour, trivia, brunch and gameday spot of Florida State students. Located on Madison St, Madison Social is the perfect place to walk from the game and back on a Saturday in the fall.

Bullwinkle’s beat Ken’s by only 50.14% of the vote. At Bullwinkle’s, you can pay $75 for a membership and drink free the entire semester. It’s the perfect Friday night place to be. The only thing stopping Bullwinkle’s from being the perfect Florida State late night hangout is it’s lack of a mechanical bull.

Clyde’s vs Coliseum

Clyde’s beat out Rokbar with a huge 86% of the vote. Known for the infamous Monday’s and Happy Hours, Clyde’s is always here for us- open every day of the week except Sunday, from 4:30 pm to 2:00 am.

Coliseum beat The Palace by a insanely small margin, 50.04% of the vote. One of the first places Florida State students go to, Coliseum is a staple throughout FSU students college experience.

Potbelly’s vs The Standard

Potbelly’s beat Poor Pauls with massive 86% of the vote. From Purgatory to Happy Hour, Pots has engraved itself as being one of the most beloved places at Florida State. From Pitchers and lunch boxes to y bombs, you’ll get the most bang for your buck at Potbelly’s.

The Standard beat Tabu with pretty convincing 79% of the vote. The ultimate location for Waltz’s, date functions, and everything in between, The Standard is open Thursday and Saturday until 2 am, and Friday’s for Happy Hour.

Recess vs Tenn

Recess beat Township with 71% of the vote. Recess has made a name for itself being the place to be on a Tuesday night in Tallahassee. It’s located on Madison St above MadSo, and has an outdoor club and rooftop pool for when the 2 months of Florida’s winter are over.

Tenn beat Room 215 by 59% of the vote. While it’s only open on Fridays, Tenn is available for rentals every other day of the week. They offer $1 drinks and shots until 11 pm and it’s conveniently located within The Strip.

Florida State University