UPDATE: Body found outside of Players Club apartments confirmed as Tavon Jackson, killer of T-Pain’s niece

Police have taped off the area

Update 10:33 pm: Tallahassee Police Department has confirmed the body to be that of Tavon Jackson, who was the suspect in the killing of T-Pain’s niece, Javona Glover, in August of last year.

Glover’s mother, Jennifer Battles, gave this statement to The Tab:

“I am happy and relieved to finally have closure. My family and I can begin the healing process. I would like to Thank the U.S Marshals and the Tallahassee police department for their hard work and dedication to bringing our family justice. My daughter can now rest in peace.”

TPD investigators are asking anyone with information about the case to please call (850) 891-4200 or if they wish to remain anonymous to please call Crime Stoppers at (850) 574-TIPS.

A body was found outside of building three at Players Club apartments off of Ocala Rd Tuesday evening.

Eyewitnesses Peyton Carper and Angelique Govantes report that police officers and a forensics team are currently on site investigating the scene of the crime.

The building is taped off approximately 20 feet around.

This story is breaking and we will update as new information is available.

Florida State University