All the Tallahassee food places you can get bomb meals on a budget

There’s only one thing we love more than sleep, and it’s food

While you’re in college, it is easy to succumb to the “Gilmore diet,” which consists of coffee, take out, and pop tarts. While walking down the aisles of the grocery store, you are tempted to throw in food that tends to be processed and premade. However, when you try to find fresher options, the price seems to go up.

We’ve searched the city for places to eat delicious food while on a budget. Tally has tons of great restaurants with bomb food, that won’t put a dent into your alcohol fund, because priorities.

Breakfast at Woodchuck’s Cafe

Woodchuck’s offer a great variety of breakfast foods at great prices. They have a different breakfast special every day, which brings the cost of your meal down even more. On Mondays, the special includes two pancakes, two eggs, and two sausage patties for only six dollars. You don’t even have to go through the painful experience of deciding between sausage or bacon. Breakfast can’t get much better than that.

Runner Up: Maple Street Biscuit Company

Lunch at Bandidos Burritos

Tacos are the best. If you’re looking for a place to get a bomb taco, look no further. Bandidos Burritos have cheap burrito and taco options. There are breakfast burritos on Sundays and reduced tacos on Tuesday and Thursdays. With beers on tap and in the bottle, this is the perfect place for lunch! I would say a lunch under $10 is a win for a student on a budget.

Runner Up: Burrito Border

Dinner at Pitaria

Not only is Pitaria super close to campus, they have delicious food for a great price. With options for salads, platters, and sandwiches you have a huge variety to choose from. There are also combo options and you can get dinner for under $10. And if you haven’t had their pita fries or Greek fries, where have you been?

Runner Up: Momo’s Pizza

Make your own meal

Buying your own ingredients and cooking your own meals is by far the least expensive option. If you want to get the most out of cooking for yourself, make a list of the meals you want to eat for the week and buy accordingly. This will help you become more conscious about what you are buying at the store and what you are eating. If you want to eat on a budget and be healthy, cooking at home is the best option for you!

You deserve a beer

As mentioned above, if you eat on a budget you will have more money to spend on alcohol (because priorities, am I right?) If you were looking for discounted beer, Lucky’s Supermarket (the best place ever) has 16oz. beers for $1.50 on Thursdays. They have great prices on produce and you can drink while you shop. This should be an option at all retailers everywhere.

Runner Up: Nowhere is better than Lucky’s.

Florida State University