Single man advertises himself as the ultimate Christmas boyfriend

And people are loving it

On the morning of November 26th a self proclaimed FSU bachelor, Hassani Perkins, posted an ad in the FSU Class of 2018 page advertising himself for free to any lucky ladies looking for companionship this holiday season. Providing a list of packages varying in couples activities, he ended the post with a picture of himself. The post has gotten a significant amount of attention with people tagging their friends offering the deal as a Christmas package of sorts for a free boyfriend. Despite the fun demeanor of the post, we can’t help but wonder if Hassani’s offer was real or just another fake advertisement for fun and games. We spoke to Mr. Perkins about the his relationship status this holiday season.

Is this a real offer?

You know, it’s kind of funny because a lot of people probably think that it wasn’t, but if someone came up to me and was like “hey I’m interested in the gold package”, I’d be like “well, I did put it out there!” So in a sense, it really is an ad. I really wondered whether or not people actually think it’s real because some people have been like, “Oh, girl, I got you the gold package.”

How many people on average have responded?

I did a Thanksgiving one too that got around eighty people commenting and fifty people liking, but this one has 75 people commenting, and about fifty people reacting. It’s a lot more people than I thought would actually see it.

Are you being genuine and sincere, or are you just poking fun at lonely single ladies?

That’s the funny thing, I’m a lonely single dude. That’s another reason why I did it, because a lot of girls have nothing they can do for this period of time whether it’s because they happen to be single, or just haven’t found the right guy. But it’s like, I would do every single thing I said in the ad. I’d do the Christmas caroling, I’d do the matching outfits, I’d help cook, I’d do all of it! That’s why it’s funny. I would be surprised if anyone said they’d go for the bronze package because they could go for the gold package, it’s free. Over the course of my life I’ve had a lot of stuff happen to me and I’m single too, and it’s hard for me to talk to girls on a regular basis, so that’s another reason I did it. 

How many people would win the packages, or is it one winner per package?

That’s actually a good question. It would all depend on the days, because if someone wanted the gold package, and they have to schedule a time to meet up with you, it could take one day or a couple of days. Who knows? It all depends on if you’re going home for Christmas. Originally I was thinking one person total. Actually, like I said, I wasn’t expecting anyone to do it at all, but if someone said “hey, I want the gold package”, they’d get it no matter how long it takes, because it’s genuine, and sincere, and honest, and fun all at the same time.

We kind of touched base on this, but is there anything else that inspired the post?

I would say I have a great love for FSU. I go to FAMU, it’s an HBCU so you’ll see predominantly black people at the school, but FSU has such diversity my school doesn’t really have, and I’ll be walking around FSU and see countless beautiful girls that I wish I could talk to, but like I’ve said, I’m a very shy dude so I’m not going to do it. I think sometimes, “if only I could say this to someone” or just to people that catch my attention, then one day I was just like, I think I’m ok and here’s a good picture of me, relatively. So I was like “why not put it on there.” There’s just people selling stuff, so I thought not a lot of people would notice. I really wanted to see if someone would take me up on the offer. Why not see if I can end up with some plans from a low-key joking post that ended up being more than I thought it would be?

So it’s a win-win for them and you! When will the public find out who the winners are?

You know, as soon as possible. If someone hits me up saying they want to do it, they will be the winner. It’s first come first served. I’m still waiting for someone to take me seriously enough to message me. As soon as a girl comments in the box and she’s serious, it’ll be hers.

How do you plan on distributing your time amongst the winners? It seems like a lot of activities!

It all depends on who I connect with the most, I think. If I’m going to be spending some time with the gold package, I want it to be with someone I’m going to be enjoying my time with. If it’s like an I-just-met-you kind of connection, [then] we’re kinda both there doing stuff. It’s like, you want to connect with the person and be able to talk, be able to learn more stuff about them and learn the kind of person they are, why they even commented, and why they’re single.

If I get serious applicants, then I’m going to base it off of who I connect with the most. I want to enjoy myself, I know they want to enjoy themselves, and it’ll be a good time because you never know what could happen. It could start off as a joking post and next thing you know you’ll see me in a relationship like welp, this year would’ve been the second annual packaging system, but since I’m still in a relationship since the last time, I can’t do it anymore. So it depends on whoever comments, whoever I connect with the most, and whatever they want. I’ll be surprised if I get some real serious applicants because it’s one thing to like or comment “that’s hilarious” on Facebook but to go through with it, that’ll be something.

Even though you said the post was semi- serious, semi joking, you told me you do comedy-what kind of comedy do you specialize in?

Stand-up, I have been doing that, since, well people have told me I have that kind of personality and I’ve always been funny. One of my inspirations is Kevin Hart. He is one of the funniest comedians I think there ever was. He hit FSU either last year or the year before and it was one of the funniest shows I’ve ever been to. But I’ve done it at Birds and do videos my Instagram page humbled_and_purposed_sultan. I’ve ben doing it for 4-5 years and want to do it professionally.

Do you have any upcoming gigs?

Interesting you should say that, I just got a gig at Club Downunder. They were interested in me doing some kind of showcase in early January. I told them I was definitely interested in doing that because I just turned 21 and I’m looking to get a lot more grind. I’m just trying to make my dreams a reality, one day I want to perform at Madison Square Garden in NYC. That’s my plan.

Final question- Can we expect a similar Valentine’s Day package?

With the attention I’ve got thus far, I might really go in depth and get real packages for then. Advertisements are like BOGO free, that’s another thing that inspired what I was doing. It’ll be fun to do, I like to make people laugh and to make people have a good time so with something like that, even if people think it’s a joke and another takes it seriously, it’s always a lot of fun.

Florida State University