Things we’ll miss about FSU over winter break

Mostly freedom

I am just as excited about the semester being over as the next person. This fall semester has been intense, especially with the hurricane, HFMD outbreak, murder of T-Pain’s niece, and countless other things that have made everyone anxious to get this semester over with. However, as much stress as school can be, Tally is always a great time. While we are off traveling or spending time at home, we will be counting down the days until we can get back to our home away from home at FSU. What better way to prepare for the break than think about all the things we are going to miss while we’re gone?

Friends

A cute little kitty at Tallahassee Nursery

We spend almost all of our time with our friends at school. They are always there to go with you on midnight Taco Bell runs or pick you up when you’ve gotten too drunk at Pot’s (again). When sitting at home, surrounded by delcious foods and family, you will definitely find yourself missing your friends. The holidays are a special time, and you’ll feel like a part of you is missing as you drink eggnog and mouth all of the words to How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Going out

Going home for the break can get boring at times. You’ll definitely miss going out with friends over winter break. Yeah, sure you already asked your mom to pre-record “Freeform’s” 25 Days of Christmas to watch while you’re at home, but that won’t satisfy your need to party. For a whole month you’ll have to miss looking hot with your best friends and taking over the town. Although, after this election, I’m sure Christmas dinner should get interesting… Deck the halls?

Football

No more football once we leave for winter break. You’ll have to wait almost a whole year before you can get in the stands with your fellow noles and do the Tomahawk Chop. Nothing is better than standing in Doak Stadium cheering on the football team. You’ll miss football especially because it was always a valid reason to procrastinate doing your homework on Saturdays.

The fun

Tally has amazing parks and great places to get food. No matter what day it is, there is always something going on in town. Whether you are enjoying the beautiful fall weather at a park or drinking a delcious cup of coffee at Lucky Goat. The possibilities are endless and you’ll realize that you’ve become homesick for Tally.

Don’t worry, soon you’ll be back from the holidays and can enjoy Tallahassee once more. Spring semester is going to be incredible and it might be a nice little break away from Tally and FSU… who am I kidding? FSU is the best place to be. Just think of all the leftovers that you’ll hopefull bring back with you.

Florida State University